University Hospital of North Staffordshire NHS Trust cuts costs with Integra Purchase to Pay (P2P)
Posted on 30th June 2011 | Share
Higher Intelligence, Better Purchasing
In the drive to minimise expenditure while maintaining service, the NHS faces some big challenges. A massive area for potential efficiency gains is in e-Procurement where the implementation of integrated, web-based purchasing systems can generate huge savings in both time and cost.
These systems can also be used in conjunction with advanced Business Intelligence tools to enable better decision making, based on accurate, real-time data. The University Hospital of North Staffordshire NHS Trust (UHNS) is enjoying these benefits by extending its Integra Financials and eSeries implementation to include the Integra Purchase to Pay (P2P) e-requisitioning system and Integra Business Intelligence (IBI).
In order to increase efficiency and lower the costs associated with purchasing, the UHNS S&P team recently rolled out Integra eSeries and Integra Procure to Pay (P2P) to enable seamless eprocurement across all its organisations.
Gareth Baddley from the UHNS S&P Systems Department says, "As a result, everything we order, in terms of non-stock lines, is now requested electronically and processed through the Integra web basket. In just a few months, the group has achieved electronic processing for 92.7% of all requisitions, with more than 400 requisition access points and over 550 live requisitioners across the organisations. This has been a great achievement and has resulted in time and cost savings across the group. For example, enabling online internal order authorisations has saved over 25,000 sheets of paper per annum."
University Hospital of North Staffs Supplies and Procurement Department Supporting:
• University Hospital of North Staffordshire NHS Trust
• Combined Healthcare NHS Trust
• North Staffordshire PCT
• Stoke-on-Trent PCT
• South Staffordshire PCT (from 1st July)
• Staffordshire & Stoke-on-Trent Partnership NHS Trust (from 1st August 2011)
• Strategic procurement offering to Mid Staffs Foundation Trust
• 33,500 order lines per annum
• £68 million spend per annum
• 92.7% (and rising) electronic purchasing requisitions
• Saving 25,000 sheets of paper per annum
• Fast and timely order authorisation
• Seamless integration with core financial systems
• Increased data integrity
• Fast, accurate reporting enables better decision making
• Support team released from handling day-to-day reporting requirements
• Graphical dashboard for KPI's enable full process visibility
• Improved inventory management and forecasting
• Enables better price negotiations with suppliers
For further information please contact Steven Budge, Marketing Manager, email@example.com
View all news articles